Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Never On My Own


Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 (New American Standard Bible)


Oh how these words speak comfort to my soul! Last night, I found myself getting fearful and anxious about today because I knew human hands were not going to be sustaining me. I knew I would be needing to apply some recently learned truths throughout the day and there would be no person walking along side me as I did it. The thought itself made me uneasy and I asked God why it was that way. His answer was quick in coming. He helped me to see that being outside the voice and view of individuals whom I have come to trust leaves me feeling alone and on my own. He was right! Then He began to assure me that I was not alone or on my own at all. He helped me to realize the preciousness of His presence that would go with me and remain with me throughout my day.

As I step into today I am very aware that His eye and hand are on me. His ear is open to my cries for help. His Spirit indwells me and I am infused with His Word. His counsel will be available and trustworthy. He will faithfully supply my needs throughout today. It was all there yesterday and it will certainly be here today. Nothing has changed in regards to His strengthening, helping, and upholding me with His righteous right arm. As I see all of that I am enveloped with a peace that I have known little of in my life time.

Far too many times I have focused on the help and encouragement that came from people, when all the while the God of the Universe longed for me to see Him as my primary Source for every thing. Even what I was receiving from people was coming from Him. As I come to see the truth of that, I am realizing the absence of His vessels never removes the very things He gives me through them. From time to time, people will be there for me but once again I embrace the truth that He is my Shepherd, Guide, Helper, Defender, Stronghold, Protector, Counselor, Friend, Shield, Security, and constant Companion. I go into this day firmly held and abound with the joy of it all!

Father, You have never stepped away for even a moment. I have never been out of Your sight or care. Thank you for all the times that will be evident to me throughout today! Amen.

All I once held dear - Robin Mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI6_4KxTg2k