Thursday, June 4, 2009

Living Informed


I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me; but so that the world may know that I love the Father, I do exactly as the Father commanded Me. Get up, let us go from here. John 14:30, 31 (New American Standard Bible)


Growth and victory in the Christian life is built on truth. Truth about God, truth about myself, and truth about the enemy of my soul, Satan. For too long I either forgot about him, ignored him, underestimated him, or limited his effectiveness on me. God is bringing me from that state to one of awareness and offensiveness. The list of what I should speak to him is growing and as it does I am being empowered to live life as God meant for me to live it all along.

Jesus’ phrase, “he has nothing in Me” was made clearer in the Amplified Bible. Having nothing in Me means he has no claim on Me. [He has nothing in common with Me; there is nothing in Me that belongs to him, and he has no power over Me.] No claim, no common ground, no possession, and no power! And what he doesn’t have in regards to Christ, he doesn’t have in regards to me. My first thought was that I could not wait to inform him of my newly found facts. Why is that necessary? Because as long as I believe he is less or more powerful than he is, he will have the upper hand in my life. But when I face him with the truth it clears the way for me walk in obedience to God and move forward.

Jesus does not want us to live obsessed with the enemy but neither does He want us to live in ignorance of him and for many of us that has been the problem. Ignorant of his methods, schemes, and nature. All of that is brought to the forefront each time I insist that he back off! When that happens, my mind is freed up to focus on God and His working in my life. My energy is directed toward the tasks at hand. Something as simple as listening to a sermon without distractions of needs being met and wondering what the people around me are thinking becomes possible. It also, strengthens me in areas that have been weak and helps me to be better able to fight off attacks in the future. It is a new lease on life and I am taking it!

At the beginning of this week I had come to the end of myself and my heart’s cry was for God to show me what was wrong and what to do about it. I was certain that there were too many quirks and places of brokenness in me to ever walk in victory. It seemed I could not win over the onslaughts of emotions, perceptions, and knee-jerk reactions. What I brought to God was a plea for help and fighting the enemy with wisdom and the Word has been God’s answer and gift to me. It is working and I am beyond excited!

Father, You are faithfully bringing me out of the darkness and into the light. I joy in what You are doing and how You are doing it! Amen.

Worship Song - Maranatha Singers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMpbm2p-1mo

Getting into God's Word and letting God's Word get into me one truth at a time.