Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Close Enough to Hear


And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

How easy it is to forget these words and the power of them! A friend of mine recently shared with me five darts Satan loves to hurl at me: doubt, discouragement, diversion, defeat, and delay. Last night was one such time. I made the mistake of taking my eyes off the love and character of God and proceeded to look at what seemed to be an impossible situation. But this morning, through another friend, God has reminded me that He is still capable of taking a seemingly impossible situation and changing it into an extremely favorable one. That little phrase has revolutionized my thinking and therefore warded off the darts!

I am a firm believer that any and all discouragement is rooted in lies. It is imperative when I know I am discouraged that I ask myself what lies I am presently believing. Many times those lies are directed at the character of God. They tend to attack one of the five statements Beth Moore is known for:

God is who He says He is!

God can do what He says He can do!

I am who God says I am!

I can do all things through Christ!

God's Word is alive and active in me!


Last night I went to bed hungry to hear God's reassuring voice and longing to feel the embrace of His arms. It was my prayer each time I woke up. This morning BOTH are evident! Has my situation been resolved? No. Will I see God do what I asked Him to do? Maybe. Even so, my spirit has been revived and I am once again ready to hold my head up high and walk with confidence and the realization that God can be trusted. May I not doubt for one minute that God can turn things to me for good and may I not doubt for one minute that if the answer comes back "no" He holds my heart in His hands. His character still rings true! He is sovereign, loving, and in control. THAT is what I am strengthened by today!

Father, keep me close enough to hear Your whispers and to feel the brush of Your wings as they shelter me. Thank you for restoring my soul! Amen!