Saturday, April 2, 2011

God's Time Table


Noah was 600 years old when the flood of waters came upon the earth or land. Genesis 7:6 (Amplified Bible)


It is easy to read Scripture and forget the span of time that takes place from verse to verse or chapter to chapter. Whole lifetimes can be covered with just a sentence. One of the reasons we have stated ages in the Bible is to better understand the time frame that underscores the events. When we see that things did not usually happen instantaneously but rather over decades or even centuries of time in the days of Bible characters, we are better equipped to understand the possible years involved for the unfolding of God’s plan for us. It causes us to refocus our attention on God’s time table instead of our own.

From the time that Noah was told to build an ark for safety against a coming flood and the actual occurrence of the flood, 100 years had elapsed. While it would have been easy to grow discouraged and maybe even abandon the task, he stayed strong in his hope and his work. He did not let the slowness of the pace deter, distract, or disturb him. Trust involves walking by faith, living in God’s strength, and allowing Him to set the velocity of the steps.

There are numerous things I would like to see happen in my life. Spiritual growth and a deepened awareness of who God is, sit at the top of the list! But I know that two factors play into the progress on this journey….God’s predetermined time table and my willingness to cooperate. My desire is that I am farther along by this time next year but God Himself knows the actual distance that will be covered.

I also desire doors of opportunity to open and to be more confident and settled in my role within His kingdom work. Up to this point I feel that much of what He is doing in me is preparatory. Will this be a continued year of the same, or will I see His plan and purpose unfold and take place? I do not know but I know this….it continues to be according to His time table. It is imperative that I follow Noah’s example and stay strong in my hope and what God would have me do presently.

May I realize afresh that the process and progress of discovering God’s call on my life takes time and may I be in no more of a rush than the Designer of that call.

Father, Your time table takes precedence over my own…I yield. Amen.

In His Time - Maranatha Singers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-rGzx2OZk

Getting into God's Word and letting God's Word get into me one truth at a time.