Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Available Now


I will pour out water on the thirsty land and streams on the dry ground. I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring and My blessing on your descendants. Isaiah 44:3

I find it interesting that God sends the refreshment of water and streams to the thirsty and dry places. Each of us have times when we are in a spiritual desert place. God does not say, "Hold on and as soon as you get through this season I have refreshment waiting for you." NO! He is a loving heavenly Father who refreshes us IN THE MIDST of the desert and wilderness. I have experienced this very thing many times.

Not too long ago, I found myself in a place of doubt, discouragement, condemnation, and fear. I don't like being there! When it is over I can see where the attacks come from and who is behind them. But in the midst of such times I cannot see it. I rest in the fact that as I mature in my faith I will see what is happening when it is happening. Even so, God is faithful to send refreshment.

He uses encouraging emails from friends who say they are praying for me. Those reminders bring tears to my eyes because I have come to experience the comfort and strength of such prayers. Refreshment comes from a good night’s sleep. As I wake throughout the night I am able to ask God to once again hold me and help me. By morning my strength is renewed. There is also the music. Musical reminders of God's presence, guidance, and love!

As I write this, I know I am still facing circumstances that are uncomfortable but I feel like I have come upon a well. I have stopped for a moment, drawn some living water, and taken a long, deep drink. I reflect upon the love of God and friends and once again sense the nearness of Christ. I know the attacks from the enemy will come again but each time a well awaits me.

Father, many times You have ministered to me in special ways. May Your voice always be more apparent than the voice of my enemy. Amen.